St. Alban's Episcopal Church
is part of
The Episcopal Church in South Carolina: episcopalchurchsc.org
which is a diocese of
The Episcopal Church: episcopalchurch.org
which is a member of
The Anglican Communion: anglicancommunion.org
St. Alban’s Episcopal Church was founded in 1879 by Carrie Simons (1849-1938), who persuaded Bishop W.W. Howe to help her organize a mission church in Williamsburg County. In 1887 she married Michael F. Heller and moved to Kingstree. St. Alban's has long been the only continuously active Episcopal congregation in Williamsburg County. Two of St. Alban's supply priests, William Alexander Guerry and William Moore, went on to serve as Bishops of South Carolina.
A fine example of the Carpenter Gothic style, St. Alban's was built between 1889 and 1895.
Physical address: 305 Hampton Ave., Kingstree, SC 29556
Mailing address: PO Box 866, Kingstree, SC 29556
Phone: (843) 355-7575